Preventive CardiologyThe preventive cardiology department at Tacoma General Hospital provides services to individuals focusing on early detection, prevention, and rehabilitation of cardiovascular disease. Primary and Secondary prevention are an important part of these services.
- Primary prevention is aimed at preventing, or detecting, cardiovascular disease before an event such as a heart attack or stroke occur.
- Secondary prevention services work with you after you have experienced an event such as a heart attack, heart surgery, angina, or stent placement to help reduce your risk of getting worse and to rehabilitate you to better health.
Preventive cardiology supports and works in partnership with your primary care physician or specialist to provide comprehensive cardiovascular care.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardiovascular Stress Testing
- Holter Monitoring
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Cardiovascular Risk Screenings and Consultations
For more information, call Preventive Cardiology at 253-403-1058.