|Patient and Visitor Information||For Information, Call 253-833-7711|
We want your stay at MultiCare Auburn Medical Center to be as comfortable as possible. When you come to the hospital, you’ll complete the registration process and receive important information about your procedure and stay at our hospital.
Unless you’re an emergency patient, your private physician must request your admission to Auburn Medical Center. If you have any questions about this, please contact your physician. Below is a summary of the steps for your admission:
- When you reach the hospital, go to the admitting office, located inside the main entrance.
- An admitting representative will interview you to gather personal and financial information.
- You or an authorized person will receive information about the hospital’s advance directive policy.
- You will be asked if you have completed a living will for health care and health care power of attorney, stating your wishes concerning the making of health care decisions that affect you. If you wish, we have forms you may use to complete an advance directive during your stay.
- If you require special accommodation or adaptive equipment during your stay, such as TDD or interpreters, please ask your physician prior to admission, ask the admitting nurse at the time of admission, or ask the nurse who’s admitting you to the unit.
If you have any additional questions about the admission steps to Auburn Medical Center, please call 253-833-7711.
These forms are available at your physician’s office or the Auburn Medical Center admitting office. By completing and returning these forms before your scheduled admission, the actual admitting process can be kept as brief as possible. Please return the completed forms to the admitting office.
If you’re having surgery or any special examination, you will also be asked to sign consent forms. Sometimes these forms are completed in your physician’s office. If not, they are usually completed in the nursing unit after admission.
OUTPATIENT SURGERY PATIENTS
Outpatient surgery patients should complete admitting forms in the admitting office before going to outpatient surgery. All laboratory work should be completed a day or two before your scheduled surgery.
If you have any questions about these pre-admission forms, please check with your physician.