MultiCare One Call is a system-wide, standard process for patient transfers and direct admits in order to improve patient safety and satisfaction, provide a better experience for providers, and to create a more seamless process for patients, families, and providers.
1.Transferring/admitting providers or facilities will call one of two numbers:
- MultiCare One Call for adult patients:
- MultiCare Mary Bridge One Call for pediatric patients:
2. These numbers are answered 24/7 by dedicated RN staff.
3. One Call RN discusses patient needs with sending provider/hospital to acquire all necessary information.
4. RN ends call with sending provider then calls/pages relevant receiving physician. It is anticipated that the receiving physician will be able to return calls/pages in less than 5 minutes.
5. Receiving physician responds to call/page and One Call RN coordinates a conference call between sending and receiving entities for physician-to-physician hand-off.
6. Once a transfer decision has been made the One Call RN confirms transfer location to sending provider/hospital, and notifies the receiving hospital that the patient is coming.
MultiCare One Call* will apply to any direct admit or acute transfer patient who meets the following criteria:
Exceptions: During the first phase of implementation, the following patients will not fall under the scope of the MultiCare One Call process:
Alison Roberts, RN, MSN, Director – MultiCare One Call Center, email@example.com or 253-792-6213*MultiCare One Call Applies to All MultiCare Hospitals