|Children's Therapy Unit|
Continuing EducationThe Children’s Therapy Unit has a long history of providing continuing education for parents, care providers, therapists, teachers and other school personnel. We strive to offer continuing education opportunities that will ultimately improve the care and future of children with special needs.
The impact of our continuing professional education courses is far-reaching. Two courses (Clinical Decision Making and SEMG) have been presented throughout this country and internationally as far away as Australia. Routinely offered course topics include:
- Creative adaptive equipment solutions
- Adaptive switches and control devices
- Managing oppositional and defiant behavior in children
- Sign play—beginning American Sign Language
- Sensory processing course for teachers and parents
- Professional evening mini series: ball skills, hemiplegia, torticollis, calming, etc.
- Neuromuscular window—SEMG evidence to enhance decision making and refine treatment
- Introduction to neurodevelopmental therapy: parts 1, 2, and 3
- Eight-week certification course in neurodevelopmental therapy
- One- to three-week advanced level courses in neurodevelopmental therapy
More information regarding continuing education at CTU is available by calling our education secretary at 253.697.5225 or click here for a listing of our classes.