|Good Samaritan Regional Rehabilitation Center|
Good Samaritan has been helping people with a variety of rehabilitation challenges since 1954. Today, our physicians, nurses, and therapists are among the most experienced and respected in the Pacific Northwest. While we specialize in working with people who have suffered strokes, brain injuries, or spinal cord injuries, we have established a reputation for consistent, excellent rehabilitation services to people of all ages with many types of problems.
Our inpatient program is designated by the Office of Emergency Medical and Trauma Prevention of the Washington state Department of Health to provide Level 1 Adult Trauma rehabilitation services. This designation recognizes that we offer the most extensive and comprehensive level of trauma rehabilitation services in our state.
Good Samaritan’s rehabilitation programs are certified by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for medical rehabilitation and stroke specialty program. We also participate in systems to monitor the quality of clinical outcomes for our patients, which tend to be superior when compared with national benchmarks.
Specialized Programs and Equipment
- Comprehensive Driving Program
- SaeboFlex & SaeboStretch Systems
- Dragon Naturally Speaking Technology
- Low Vision Software/Technology
- Activities of Daily Living Apartment
- Pool Therapy
- Wii system for therapeutic needs
- Lite Gait
- Balance Master and Vestibular Therapy
- Woodshop with band saw and other small power tools
- Support Groups/ Sibshops
- Peer Support Specialists
- Pet Therapy
We also offer:
- A dining room for clients and their families. The dining room opens to an outside patio.
- A rehabilitation courtyard where clients can practice outdoor activities such as gardening and walking on different types of terrain.
- A rehabilitation apartment to help clients and their families prepare for the transition from the hospital to the home.
Our Inpatient Team:
- Certified Rehab Nurses
- Education Specialist
- Peer Support Counselors
- Pastoral Care
- Respiratory Care
- Community Resource Liaisons
- Social Workers
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech/ Language Pathologists
- Rehab Psychologists
- Therapeutic Recreation Specialists
- Lymphedema Specialists
- Wound Care Nurses
- Certified Driving Specialists