MultiCare ConnectMultiCare Connect is a smarter, safer, more efficient way to provide you with outstanding care.
Whether you’re a patient at MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital or at one of our other South Sound locations, our new system-wide Electronic Health Record gives your caregivers instant access to the complete, up-to-date medical information they need to take care of you.
The Electronic Health Record offers important benefits:
- Safe and Secure: Your entire health record can be accessed instantly, safely and securely on a computer screen when your health care provider needs it— 24 hours a day.
- Connected Care: Your hospital surgeon can call up the your MultiCare health record and easily consult with your primary care doctor about your care. And if you are ever hospitalized, your information is easily and securely accessible.
- Complete and Comprehensive: Your health care providers have your entire health history—medications, allergies, physician visits and more—at their fingertips.
- Efficient: You no longer need to wait for paper charts to transfer from one MultiCare location to another.
It keeps you informed and involved in your care
This innovative health record provides you with better coordinated care throughout our system. Whatever MultiCare facility you visit, your providers will all be looking at the same complete, up-to-date health record. Moreover, they’ll be at your side with your information at their fingertips, ready to answer your questions and explain your treatment options.
Keeping your Personal Health Care Information Safe and Secure
With the implementation of the Epic, the electronic health record at MultiCare Good Samaritan, the following safety measures are in place to protect your personal health care information:
Secure Access Limitations:
- Each MultiCare employee with access to patient information has a unique user identification and password. They must use this ID to access the system.
- Employee access is based on their job title and location and is limited to a “need to know” basis, allowing only the information that relates directly to the job functions performed, to be viewed.
- Automatic logoff – all workstations are secured automatically after a set period of inactivity.
- All access and use of the system is monitored, tracked and audited to insure appropriate use and high security.
- MultiCare laptops and portable devices have secured, encrypted hard drives, unreadable to others without the appropriate login.
- All employees sign a confidentiality and use statement before gaining rights to any electronic health record.
- MultiCare takes patient privacy and security very seriously and strictly enforces all policies.
MultiCare Health System holds the highest ranking among West Coast health systems for its efficiency and integrated health care network and ranks fourth in the nation on the 2010 Top 100 Integrated Health Networks list.
You can access your electronic health information and connect with your MultiCare doctor at MyChart, a secure, robust website. Through MyChart you can request that your doctor order a prescription, make medical appointments and see test results.
Sign up for MyChart
Sign up for MyChart