|BRIDGES: A Center for Grieving Children|
- Ways to Help
- Make a Donation
- Mary Bridge Children's Foundation
- Hospice Volunteers
- Bridges: A Center for Grieving Children
- Tree House: A Place for Families
- Good Samaritan Foundation
- MultiCare Health Foundation
- MultiCare Volunteer Services
- Touching Lives Newsletter
- Celebrate Seniority
- Grannies' Attic
Support Groups for Children Grieving a Loved One's DeathBRIDGES is a grief support center serving families with children ages 4 through 18 who have experienced the serious illness of a family member, or the death of a relative or friend. We offer peer support groups for facilitated by trained volunteers.
We offer a support program just for children because they grieve differently than adults. We believe that every family member is entitled to the opportunity to grieve in a supportive, informed and understanding environment. Our hope that the children we serve will reconcile the death, and growth and healing will occur.
BRIDGES' grief support groups include:
- Parent loss bereavement support groups
- Sibling loss bereavement support groups
- DISCOVERIES: A support group for children ages 4 through 18 who are living with someone who is chronically, critically or seriously ill.
- CROSSINGS: A bereavement support group for children who have experienced the violent death or suicide of a parent
- PASSAGES: A bereavement support group for children who have experienced the death of a relative (grandparent, aunt, uncle, cousin) or friend.
Our support groups are age and developmentally appropriate. We use discussion and specifically designed activities to help children through the grieving process.