Celebrate SeniorityFor more than a decade, Celebrate Seniority has been our way of connecting older adults in east Pierce County with the many programs and services established by Good Samaritan especially for seniors in our community.
Our members consist of people who are interested in maintaining good health and vitality throughout their lifetimes, regardless of age. In short, our program focuses on health and wellness for people age 55 and older.
Celebrate Seniority’s primary objective is to offer up-to-date senior health education and information, health promotion and disease prevention services that are designed specifically for older adults.
Examples of a few of the classes offered by Celebrate Seniority include: AARP Driver Safety Class, EverActive Social & Health Seminar, computer skills, insurance, investments, how to avoid scams, advance directives, patient rights, grief and end of life issues, housing and long-term care.
Benefits of joining
There are many benefits to joining Celebrate Seniority such as:
- Health Passport that entitles you to:
- Free blood pressure screens
- Discount on cafeteria meal through MultiCare Health System
- Access to selected health education classes
- The bi-monthly MultiCare Celebrate Seniority Bulletin and event calendar
- Participation in the mall-walker club
- Community-based volunteer opportunities
- Information about and referral to other senior services
- Access to MultiCare Celebrate Seniority social programs and trips
- Monthly EverActive Educational Social
- Movie Matinee
Taking advantage of the many benefits offered through Celebrate Seniority is easy; just present your health passport at the time of service.
For more information about Celebrate Seniority, please call 253-697-7385.
MultiCare Celebrate Seniority Volunteers in East Pierce County
One wonderful benefit of being a MultiCare Celebrate Seniority member is access to volunteer opportunities at Celebrate Seniority. The volunteer component of Celebrate Seniority is focused on serving the community. Here are a few of the volunteer programs through Celebrate Seniority:
- Bicycle Helmet Fitting
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Grannie’s Attic Thrift Shop
- Quilting and Crafting Group
- Clerical Support of Celebrate Seniority and Mobile Health
For more information about being MultiCare Celebrate Seniority volunteer, please call 253-697-7385