Epic Core Classes
About NEO Epic Core Courses
MultiCare Connect® takes patient care to a new level. MultiCare Connect is not just an evolution in the Epic Enterprise project. It is an evolution in the way that we do our jobs and continue to improve the quality of patient care. MultiCare Connect is a continuation of that journey of connections. It is making connections between patients and providers. It is utilizing the best technology and processes to connect providers to information. It is connecting information and people to transform the way we deliver care. This innovative health record system will provide better coordinated care throughout our system. Records are complete, safe and up-to-date.
The Epic Core Courses are offered as part of New Employee Orientation. They are held in conjunction with the two week Patient Services Orientation cycle that immediately follows NEO Monday. The Core courses provide the employee with the basics they need to be functional in their new role. Department workflows will be covered in Unit/Department.
The classes are offered on a repeatable two week cycle. The cycle begins with NEO Monday. Some classes are offered more than once during the cycle.
Who should attend?
- New hires to the system that will be using the Epic software system in their role.
- Transfer employees who have not used the Epic modules required for their new role.
- Incumbent employees who either have not received initial training, or need re-training.
What is the registration process?
- New hires will automatically be registered into their required classes when their hiring process is complete.
- Registration for classes for Transfers and Incumbents is not automatic. Managers need to contact the ILD to register their new hires.
- If Managers have questions, or to register their new Transfer and Incumbent employees, contact the ILD at 253-403-1280.
What is the registration notification process?
- New hires will receive a printed class schedule when they attend NEO on Monday.
- Managers will receive an emailed copy of the new hire schedules on Tuesday morning.
- Transfers and incumbents will receive an automatic emailed confirmation from the LMS.