Managing Your Finances
Facing job loss almost certainly creates financial challenges. The earlier you start to plan and make adjustments to your financial situation, the better you will be able to manage the impact.
- Contact Human Resources at 253-403-1842 to learn more about your options for continuing health insurance coverage and to discuss retirement account options.
- Apply for unemployment coverage.
- Be sure to submit receipts for any unused balance in your flexible spending account(s) by the deadline.
- If you have outstanding loans, contact the lenders to discuss options for deferring payment or reducing interest rates.
- Create or update a personal budget.
- Employee Assistance Program: Pacific Employee Assistance offers legal and financial assistance. For information about their services in these areas, you can call them at 253-697-8350 or 877-223-7428. You can also login to their confidential member website at www.clcmembers.com . The username is "pacific" and "legal" is the password.