MultiCare Health System has a plan in place to protect patients, staff and visitors from the spread of flu viruses. We ask for your cooperation in helping us keep everyone in the hospital safe.
For some areas, visitors will be screened
Beginning Dec.15, 2013, daily wellness screening will be done for family and visitors entering our OB, Pediatric and High-Risk Nursery areas (NICU, ICN, SCN).
- Family and visitors who have symptoms of illness will be asked not to visit.
- In the NICU, ICN and SCN, children under age 14 will also be asked not to visit.
We encourage anyone with signs and symptoms of colds or flu to avoid visiting our hospitals, if possible. If we begin to see a rise in flu-like illness and the Local Health Department confirms that flu is present in the community, in order to protect our newborn and pediatric patients, we will screen all Mary Bridge Children's Hospital visitors and Birth Center visitors for respiratory symptoms and will ask ill visitors to refrain from visiting.
If an ill visitor is essential to the well-being of the patient, such as a parent or caregiver, they will be asked to wear a mask during their visit.
What are the symptoms of the flu?
If you have these symptoms, or you have been around someone with these symptoms in the past seven days, we ask that you not visit any patient care areas, for the protection of our patients and staff.
- Fever above 100.4 degrees
- Muscle aches or extreme fatigue
- Sore throat
- Vomiting and diarrhea
MultiCare is keeping a close watch on Influenza viruses in our community. For the protection of our patients, visitors and employees, our visitation guidelines may change depending on the number of seasonal flu cases seen in the community at any given time. Some patient areas may need to establish stricter guidelines to protect especially sick or vulnerable patients.
What you can do to help stop the spread of germs
- To prevent the spread of germs, visitors should use the hand sanitation dispensers before entering patient rooms.
- If you cough or sneeze, please cover your mouth and nose.
- If you or someone close to you has been ill recently, please do not visit patients in the hospital at this time.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our patients and staff safe. Please note that these guidelines are subject to change as flu season progresses.
To stay current on the latest information, call:
- MultiCare Allenmore Hospital: 253-459-6633
- MultiCare Auburn Medical Center: 253-833-7711
- MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital: 253-697-4000
- MultiCare Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital: 253-403-1400
- MultiCare Tacoma General Hospital: 253-403-1000
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.