|Adult Day Health|
Who Can Participate?Participants in the program may have physical and/or cognitive challenges as a result of disease, injury or developmental disability. The centers serve adults 18 and older with an array of diagnoses and needs such as Alzheimer's/dementia, stroke, depression, diabetes, swallowing disorders, history of falls, incontinence, Parkinson's, seizure disorder, visual, hearing, speech impairments and cerebral palsy.
Making a ReferralCall one of our social workers at 253-459-7222 to schedule an intake appointment, which will consist of a tour of our center and an assessment of the potential participant's and caregiver's needs for Adult Day Health's services.
Referrals come from a variety of sources such as self, family members, community case managers, physicians, friends, DSHS, adult family home providers, etc.
- Adult Day Health receives a referral
- The referral is scheduled for an intake appointment. Referrals need to bring the following items/information to the intake appointment.
- Physician contact information
- List of medications
- Copy of Medicaid (TXIX) coupon (for those referrals seeking funding from Medicaid)
- Health care information
- Referral's needs, services, and funding sources are assessed.
- Individuals seeking services funded by Medicaid (TXIX) need to be referred by their case managers to authorize services.
- Referral form is completed
- Adult Day Health Center packet must be completed and signed by the referral. (Packet includes documents such as Participant's Rights and Responsibilities, consent forms, field trip release, etc.)
- For any skilled service or medication administration, a physician order request will be sent to your physician. This will authorize our staff to provide services.
TransportationMultiCare Adult Day Health currently contracts with a single transportation provider and is able to provide transportation for most of Pierce and Thurston Counties. The center staff would be happy to set up transportation.
Funding OptionsThe Tacoma center is supported by a variety of funding sources including private pay, Medicaid (TXIX), COPES, SCSA (sliding fee scale), Respite Access, private hourly respite, City of Tacoma, United Way, and Veterans Administration.
Call for details on funding sources 253-459-7222.