|Adult Day Health|
Who Can Participate?Participants in the program may have physical and/or cognitive challenges as a result of disease, injury or developmental disability. The center serves adults 18 and older with an array of diagnoses and needs such as Alzheimer's/dementia; stroke; depression; diabetes; swallowing and/or seizure disorders; history of falls; incontinence; Parkinson's disease; visual, hearing and/or speech impairments; and cerebral palsy.
Making a ReferralCall our social worker at 253-459-7222 to schedule a tour and an assessment of the potential participant and caregiver needs.
Referrals come from a variety of sources such as self, family members, community case managers, physicians, friends, DSHS, adult family home providers, etc.
- Adult Day Health receives a referral
- The tour is scheduled. Participants and/or caregivers need to bring the following items/information to the intake appointment:
- Physician contact information
- List of medications
- Community Case Manager and contact information (if applicable)
- Health care information/history
- The participant’s needs, services, and funding sources are assessed.
- Referral paperwork is completed and signed by the participant or designee. (Packet includes documents such as Participant's Rights and Responsibilities, consent forms, field trip release, etc.)
- All services are provided under a physician’s order. A physician order request will be sent to the participant’s physician by our staff. This will authorize our staff to provide services.
TransportationMultiCare Adult Day Health currently contracts with a single transportation provider and is able to provide transportation for most of Pierce and Thurston Counties. Transportation is included in the daily rate. The center staff will assist you in setting up transportation. A separate Rider’s Guide explains all the details about transportation.
The center is supported by a variety of funding sources including private pay, COPES, SCSA (sliding fee scale for seniors over 60), Respite Access, private hourly respite, Family Caregiver Support and Veterans Administration.
Please call 253-459-7222 for details on funding sources.