|The Affordable Care Act and MultiCare|
- About Us
- About MultiCare
- Community Benefit Report
- Community Health Needs Assessment
- Future Growth
- Our Physicians
- Our Employees
- Patient Information
- Tree House: A Place for Families
- YMCA and MultiCare
- MultiCare Consulting Services
- Contact Us
Choose a health plan connected to the region's leading providers
The Washington Health Benefit Exchange is now open, offering new options in health insurance for consumers.
If you are looking for a health plan that fits your needs, budget and preferences, choose BridgeSpan Health, which offers MultiCare hospitals, clinics and providers. BridgeSpan's plans cover 100 percent of your preventive health care costs - from mammograms to annual checkups when provided by MultiCare.
BridgeSpan gives you access to the South Sound's leading hospitals including MultiCare Mary Bridge Children's Hospital. MultiCare clinics also offer same-day appointments, expert primary and specialty care providers, and 10 urgent care clinics.
Affordable Care Act
Individuals in Washington will be required to have health insurance beginning Jan. 1, 2014 under the Affordable Care Act. This is part of a nationwide effort to make health care more accessible for those who do not have access to care.
Washington residents who do not have access to health insurance can research and enroll in health plans now until March 31on the Washington Health Plan Finder or find out whether they are eligible for expanded Medicaid.
Individuals who wish to enroll in a plan that uses MultiCare’s network of physicians and services will have several options. BridgeSpan health insurance plan has chosen MultiCare as its exclusive Pierce County hospital and physician network. Molina and Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW) will also provide access to MultiCare as a part of their broader network options.
Open enrollment for the commercial plans ends March 31, 2014, and coverage will go into effect on Jan. 1, 2014.
How to enroll:
Call: 1-855-WAFINDER (1-855-923-4633) or TTY/TTD 1-855-627-9604
- MultiCare facilities: In-person Assisters are available at all MultiCare hospitals, clinics and Emergency Departments. For more information,
- In-person Assisters are available to answer questions and help with enrollment on the Health Benefit Exchange. In Pierce County, the Tacoma Pierce County Health Department in training in-person assisters to enroll individuals in a coverage plan through the Exchange.
- For more information about Pierce County’s assisters, visit the Health Department’s website.
- In King County, the King County Health Department is the lead agency helping people enroll. King County and other organizations will offer enrollment events. More information is on the Health Department’s website.