MultiCare Regional Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialists are obstetrician-gynecologists with advanced training and experience in the care of high-risk pregnancies. We care for women and families at risk for complications that may impact the health of the mother or the well-being of her unborn child.
Working very closely with your OB-GYN physician or family practice obstetrician we provide consultation and assisted management with every aspect of the pregnancy, delivery and post partum recovery period.
With more than 20 years experience, we are the regional referral center for Southwestern Washington accepting patient referrals for both out-patient evaluation and in-patient management.
What is a High Risk Pregnancy?
A pregnancy is “high risk” or complicated when the health of the mother or well-being of her unborn baby becomes a concern. There are many factors that may complicate a pregnancy. The mother’s age, chronic medical conditions or abnormalities in the growth and development of her fetus may all contribute to a high-risk pregnancy. If your pregnancy is considered high-risk, your OB practitioner may consider referring you to our service.
MultiCare Regional Maternal-Fetal Medicine provides a comprehensive range of specialized services for both mother and baby:
- High-risk management for complicated pregnancies
- Management of multiple gestations
- Management of maternal medical complications, such as hypertension, diabetes, cardiac disease, seizure disorders and thyroid disease
- 2 Board-certified genetic counselors
- Ultrasound diagnostic service accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine
- A full range of prenatal risk screenings, beginning in the first trimester