- For Providers
- Education & Training
- Online Tools
- Direct Admits/Transfers - MultiCare One Call
- Forensic Nurse Examiner Services
- Foundations of MultiCare
- Good Samaritan Information & Services
- Graduate Medical Education
- Institutional Review Board
- Medical Staff Bylaws
- Medical Staff Updates
- MHS Physician Handbook
- Pediatric Services - Mary Bridge
- Per Diem Agencies
- Pharmacy Services (Log-in)
- Physician Leadership Council
- Physician Provider Liaison Service
- Provider Services (Blaze New Trails)
- Physician Wellness Committee
MultiCare One Call
Faster, Easier Direct Patient Transfers & Admits
MultiCare One Call is a system-wide, standard process for patient transfers and direct admits in order to improve patient safety and satisfaction, provide a better experience for providers, and to create a more seamless process for patients, families, and providers.
The MultiCare One Call Process
2. These numbers are answered 24/7 by dedicated RN staff.
- MultiCare One Call for adult patients:
- MultiCare Mary Bridge One Call for pediatric patients:
3. One Call RN discusses patient needs with sending provider/hospital to acquire
all necessary information.
4. RN ends call with sending provider then calls/pages relevant receiving
physician. It is anticipated that the receiving physician will be able to return
calls/pages in <5 minutes.
5. Receiving physician responds to call/page and One Call RN coordinates a
conference call between sending and receiving entities for physician-
6. Once a transfer decision has been made the One Call RN confirms transfer
location to sending provider/hospital, and notifies the receiving hospital that the
patient is coming.
Who Does MultiCare One Call Apply To?
MultiCare One Call* will apply to any direct admit or acute transfer patient who meets the following criteria:
- Is a direct admit into a MultiCare facility
- Is an acute inpatient transfer between MultiCare facilities
- Is an acute transfer from a non-system hospital to MultiCare
Exceptions: During the first phase of implementation, the following patients will not fall under the scope of the MultiCare One Call process:
- Trauma patients
- Code Stemi
- Code Neuro
- OB patients for OB services
Alison Roberts, RN, MSN, Director – MultiCare One Call Center, firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-792-6213
*MultiCare One Call Applies to All MultiCare Hospitals