- For Providers
- Education & Training
- Online Tools
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Centers for Medicare Services
- Citrix (Epic / Remote Desktop)
- Find a Doctor
- MultiCare Connect
- Phone Directory
- Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS)
- Zynx Health
MultiCare ConnectThe June 1 go-live of MultiCare Connect at MultiCare Good Samaritan will connect us like never before.
Our electronic health record, MultiCare Connect launches on June 1, allowing providers and practitioners at our four hospitals and more than 90 sites of care to access their patients’ health records and view the same history, medications and more.
Keeping your Personal Health Care Information Safe and Secure
With the implementation of the Epic, the electronic health record at MultiCare Good Samaritan, the following safety measures are in place to protect your personal health care information:
Secure Access Limitations:
- Each MultiCare employee with access to patient information has a unique user identification and password. They must use this ID to access the system.
- Employee access is based on their job title and location and is limited to a “need to know” basis, allowing only the information that relates directly to the job functions performed, to be viewed.
- Automatic logoff – all workstations are secured automatically after a set period of inactivity.
- All access and use of the system is monitored, tracked and audited to insure appropriate use and high security.
- MultiCare laptops and portable devices have secured, encrypted hard drives, unreadable to others without the appropriate login.
- All employees sign a confidentiality and use statement before gaining rights to any electronic health record.
- MultiCare takes patient privacy and security very seriously and strictly enforces all policies.
Important Information at Your Fingertips
Medical practitioners can look for critical updates, access to tip sheets, the daily top ten issues, command center information and real-time updates from the go-live team on the MultiCare Connect Good Samaritan Go-Live page on MHSnet.
Command Center Provides 24/7 Support
The MultiCare Connect Command Center provides 24-hour support during the launch of our electronic health record at MultiCare Good Samaritan and serves as a single point of contact for communications, issues resolution and problem solving. From May 31 to June 21, for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Command Center staff will support end users, answer questions, and prioritize and resolve issues, as needed.
To report issues during go-live, call the Service Desk at 253-403-1160 or 253-697-1506 and select call tree option 1.
Don’t Forget Your Log-on Instructions
Make sure you get your unique MultiCare Connect log-on information before the June 1 Go-Live for secure access to Epic. A user ID and password was sent by e-mail to all new users on May 20.
Please call the IS Service Desk at 403-1160 if you have any questions.
Help Patients Learn About our Electronic Health Record
Because you directly care for our patients, they may ask you about our new electronic health record. To help you answer these questions, we have compiled some key messages for patients and their families.
In addition, we have prepared several different types of communication for our patients and their families – look for them throughout the hospital:
- Posters with postcards
- Table tent cards in the cafeteria
- Postcards in inpatient admission packets and on patient food trays
For more information and to view the patient communications, go to the MHSnet home page.