- About Us
- About MultiCare
- Community Benefit Report
- Future Growth
- Our Physicians
- Our Employees
- Patient Information
- YMCA and MultiCare
- MultiCare Consulting Services
- Contact Us
MultiCare, a not-for-profit corporation, was created in 1980 when three Tacoma-based hospitals merged to better serve the community. As our region has grown, so has MultiCare.
Our family of health care organizations provides nearly every kind of health care individuals and families are likely to need, from personalized primary care to convenient after-hours care, from complete emergency services to advanced hospital care.
MultiCare carries out its tradition of caring for people in southwest Washington through a variety of services and programs.
- Four acute-care adult hospitals in Tacoma, Puyallup and Auburn
- One acute-care pediatric hospital in Tacoma that is the regional referral center for southwest Washington
- More than 100 locations in Pierce, South King, Kitsap and Thurston counties
- More than 1,000 MultiCare staff physician specialists
- More than 10,000 employees. MultiCare is Pierce County’s largest private employer
To learn more about our services, see the links to the left.
MultiCare Health System 2012 volumes
- Emergency Department visits: 186,217
- Inpatient surgeries: 9,192
- Outpatient surgeries: 21,291
- Admissions: 43,707
- Births: 5,408
- Home health admits: 3,593
- Hospice admits: 860
- Adult day health participants: 19,307
- Physician visits total: 478,669