Nephrology is the diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases, including electrolyte disturbances and hypertension, and the care of those requiring renal replacement therapy, including dialysis and renal transplant patients. Many diseases affecting the kidney are systemic disorders not limited to the organ itself, and may require special treatment.
Reasons patients are referred to nephrology specialists, are:
- Hematuria, blood loss in the urine
- Proteinuria, the loss of protein especially albumin in the urine
- Kidney stones, usually only recurrent stone formers
- Chronic or recurrent urinary tract infections
- Hypertension that has failed to respond to multiple forms of anti-hypertensive medication or could have a secondary cause
- Electrolyte disorders or acid/base imbalance
For more information on the MultiCare Nephrology Clinic, call 253-697-4740.
MultiCare Nephrology Locations
MultiCare Good Samaritan Medical Building
1450 5th St SE, Suite 3500
MultiCare Auburn Clinic
735 12th St . S.E.
Tacoma Central Family Medicine
Allenmore Medical Center Building A
3124 S. 19th St. Suite 244
Bonney Lake Medical Building
10004 204th Avenue E
Bonney Lake, WA
To schedule an appointment call 253-697-4740.