New Hire Site
Welcome to MultiCare Health System.
By now you’ve had your Pre-Employment / Employee Health Evaluation meeting and are ready to begin your career at MultiCare.
If you have not had your Pre-Employment / Employee Health Evaluation meeting, please refer to the "Required Forms" page on this website for more information.
What to Expect on your first day at New Employee Orientation (NEO)
NEO is your first day of work.
Check in will be at Jackson Hall in Tacoma. Please refer to your new hire offer letter to confirm your NEO location. You will be informed if your NEO day is at a different location. Dates and locations are also available from the Quick Links on the right side of this page. Below is some information about to what to expect at NEO.
- You will receive your employee badge.
- Facilitators from the Institute for Learning and Development (ILD), MultiCare’s internal education department, will be available to welcome you, coordinate guest speakers, lead discussions and answer your questions.
- Speakers will share information related to company policies, regulations, history, culture, community involvement, standards, safety, and Joint Commission requirements.
- Morning snacks, coffee, tea and afternoon refreshments will be provided.
- As the rooms are quite large, prepare for the day by wearing clothing that you can layer depending on the temperature.
Dress CodeAs NEO is your first day of work, please dress in business casual attire (no jeans). Please refer to the Dress Code policy in your new hire packet. We follow guidelines for clinical staff for New Employee Orientation.
If you will be attending clinical or computer education as part of your orientation, business casual or scrubs are acceptable.
Once you complete NEO, depending on your role, you may have specific attire, such as scrubs, department issued logo attire, etc. Please check with your manager/supervisor.
Multicare's comprehensive benefits guide includes medical, dental and life insurance.
Employees who work at least 24 hours per week receive full benefits, including health insurance coverage for themselves with minimal payroll deductions. Employees who work 16-23 hours per week receive pro-rated benefits, including health insurance coverage that is substantially subsidized by MultiCare.
Additional benefits include paid time off, retirement plans, wellness benefits, career development and an on-site daycare center. Part-time employees can also earn 15 percent more by waiving health insurance benefits and paid time off.