Search The Blog
Media Relations Manager
Media Relations Coordinator
Health news feedGene therapy scores big wins against blood cancers'Something positive for humankind': Girls lend cells to genetic studyBioethicist: Mandela's AIDS legacy of silence and courageOfficial: Federal health care website fails 10 percent of the timeBarriers to health insurance: doubt, distrust and glitches'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents
CALL TO ARTISTS: Good Samaritan Welcomes Art Submissions
Good Samaritan Hospital welcomes artists to submit work for purchase & placement in the new Patient Care Tower
CALL TO ARTISTS:
MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital
Welcomes Art Submissions for New Patient Care Tower
PUYALLUP, WA- MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital welcomes artists from Washington and Oregon to submit work to be considered for purchase and placement in the hospital’s new Patient Care Tower. The Tower, which features a new Emergency Department, Surgery suites, Imaging and private patient rooms, is set to open in early 2011.
MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital is reviewing artist’s work to be considered for purchase for display in common indoor and outdoor locations. All qualified submissions must be sent to MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital Art Consultant Ginny Scalzo, at ARTERRA in Bellevue, WA.
Artists must reside in the state of Washington or Oregon. Criteria for selection will be based on the artist’s ability to demonstrate creation of work appropriate for healthcare facilities.
Outdoor sculpture for gardens – no nudity. Artist should be able to demonstrate experience in large scale commissions and installations. Materials should be appropriate for long-term installation in all weather conditions.
Indoor Paintings, Mixed Media, Other – Artist must demonstrate experience with larger scale images; minimum of 48” x 40” if paintings or mixed media, or smaller works in a series will also be considered. Subject matter to be suitable for a healthcare environment. No nudity.
Submission Format Should Include
- All submissions should be sent on a CD in JPEG format.
- Digital file size of each image should be 72 dpi, approximately 1024 x 768 pixels (no more than 1 MB) on a CD only. Include your name and title or image number on each image. Also include a separate printed page of thumbnails for all submitted entries. Printed photos or gallery cards may also be included as additional items. No slides will be accepted.
- A professional bio and/or artist statement.
- Each artist may submit up to 25 images for review. Additional images may be requested if the artist is selected.
- A retail price list for sculpture or unframed work.
- All submittals must include a self- addressed stamped envelope for return of all images. Submissions received without a self-addressed stamped envelope will be discarded after review process. Although care will be exercised in the treatment of the information received, ARTERRA is not held responsible for any damage or loss of submitted materials held for review. Do not send registered or certified mail. No images may be submitted electronically.
- Artists of interest will be contacted by Art Consultant Ginny Scalzo from ARTERRA. Please include a contact e-mail and phone number so that she may contact you if further information is needed.
- All submittals must be received by June 1st, 2009.
Submit images c/o:
1750 124th Avenue NE, Suite A
Bellevue, WA 98005
Posted on May 14, 2009 in