Search The Blog
|Marce Edwards |
Media Relations Manager
Health news feedMost Supplements Don't Work, But Americans Still Love ThemMost supplements probably don't work, but Americans still love themMarijuana Re-Shapes Brains of Users, Study Claims11 Things Never to Say to Parents of Autistic KidsDNA Alternative to Pap Smear Could be Risky, Advocates SayMarathon legend Uta Pippig shares her advice for Boston: Run with joy
Children's Therapy Unit to benefit from Northwest Corks & Crush
The young patients might not realize it while they're throwing a ball or pedaling a tricycle, but their treatment-disguised-as-play is truly the result of a team effort.
Now you can support their team just by attending Northwest Corks & Crush, presented by Skanska. The gala wine tasting, dinner and auction May 18 will benefit Children's Therapy Unit this year. (Reserve your seat at www.nwcorksandcrush.com.)
Inside the wooden Ark-shaped building, therapists, psychologists, physicians, technicians and other pediatric specialists work together to help each child become as functional and independent as possible. That collaborative approach has helped more than 50,000 children since Children's Therapy Unit opened in 1966 at Good Samaritan Hospital.
"It's a gem of a resource to have located here in Puyallup," said Glenn Kasman, President of MultiCare’s East Pierce Region that includes MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital. "Kids and families come from throughout the Northwest to access services there.”
In the past seven years, Northwest Corks & Crush has raised more than $2 million for programs at Good Samaritan Hospital.
“We really appreciate the community’s support,” Kasman said. “Northwest Corks & Crush is an opportunity for members of the community to connect with our team at Good Samaritan, and provide support for the programs at the Children’s Therapy Unit, which is a national-class facility."
Children's Therapy Unit in the News:
To find other ways to support patients at programs at the not-for-profit MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital, visit the Good Samaritan Foundation.
Northwest Corks & Crush, presented by Skanska
- When: Saturday, May 18. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for wine tasting and silent auction until 7:30 p.m., followed by dinner, live auction, live music.
- Where: Washington State Fair Events Center, 110 Ninth Ave. S.W., Puyallup
- Attire: Black tie optional.
- Reservations: www.nwcorksandcrush.com
- Questions? 253-403-3095 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northwest Corks & Crush on Facebook: www.facebook.com/nwcorksandcrush
- MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital on Facebook: www.facebook.com/goodsamhosp
- Wineries participating at Northwest Corks & Crush: Each winery brings up to three varietals to pour during the tasting that precedes the dinner and live auction. Wineries this year represent Washington, Oregon and California: Alexandria Nicole, Browne, Chateau Montelena, Chateau St. Jean, Corliss Estates, Cougar Crest, DeLille, Force Majeure, Freemark Abbey, Holloran, Long Shadows, Mackey, Mark Ryan, Matthews, Merryvale, Ramey, Stags’ Leap, Watermill.