Search The Blog
Media Relations Manager
Media Relations Coordinator
Health news feedMajor ambulance service shuts down abruptly in six statesColorado company recalls 90,000 pounds of meat after rodent discoveryCancer progress threatened by budget cuts in Congress, group says'I just instantly burst into tears': Medical worker finally gets insurance on Obamacare websitePrinceton begins meningitis vaccinations under shadow of UCSB amputation'Completely unaware': Why man didn't wake when plane landed
Music Star Nick Lachey to Host Tacoma General Hospital Benefit
Local and National Celebrities Come to the Aid of Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Todd Kelley (253) 403-1716
“The All-Star Celebrity Weekend with Nick Lachey” is coming September 21 & 22, 2008 and will benefit the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Tacoma General Hospital and the Mary Bridge Parenting Partnership.
Mr. Lachey will host a weekend of fun-filled events that include a celebrity softball game, a dinner and live auction and a Celebrity Golf Classic that will bring together many familiar celebrities from television, motion pictures and sports.
In 2006, its inaugural year, the event raised over $630,000 for Tacoma General’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and for the Parenting Partnership Program offered through Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital, making it the most successful first-time fundraising event in South Sound history. In 2007, more than $750,000 was raised.
Sunday, September 21, 10:30 a.m.
Celebrity Softball Game
Home of the Tacoma Rainiers
Windermere Professional Partners sponsors the second annual celebrity softball game between celebrities and the local media.
The celebrity team will be led by Nick Lachey and will bring together television and film stars, while the media team will unite local sports and media personalities.
Tickets are available online at www.tacomacelebrityweekend.org
or by calling the Tacoma Rainiers ticket office at (253) 752-7700. Tickets may also be purchased at Windermere Professional Partners offices in Tacoma. Tickets are $15 for general admission or $40 for Reserved Box Seats. Box Seats include reserved seating, food & beverage, reserved parking and a souvenir. Gates open at 9:30 a.m.
Sunday, September 21, 5 p.m.
Dinner and Live Auction
Greater Tacoma Convention & Trade Center
The celebrities will turn out for a fun-filled dinner and auction with auction items that include luxury vacation packages with golf and spa amenities, intimate weekend getaways, magnums of select Washington wines and A-list sports memorabilia. The evening will also include jazz music by the Kareem Kandi trio.
Tickets are $200 per person or $2,000 for a table of 10.
Monday, September 22
Celebrity Golf Classic
Tacoma Country and Golf Club
10 a.m. Tee Time
This sold out event will bring together the celebrities for a round of golf at the Tacoma Country & Golf Club, the oldest private golf club west of the Mississippi. (Advance reservations for 2009 are available by calling 253-403-1522.)
Tacoma General Hospital has the South Sound's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for newborns, providing the highest level of care possible for infants.
This year’s event will raise funds to purchase CosyCot with NeoPuff™ infant resuscitators, a specialized infant bed that allows doctors and nurses to set a precise pressure to keep a newborn’s lungs optimally expanded with the correct amount of volume and oxygen. Lung and respiratory development are critical in the first few hours and days for an infant born prematurely.
Past All-Star Celebrity events have enabled staff to purchase a variety of technologically advanced equipment for the NICU, including 20 Giraffe OmniBeds™. Each OmniBed serves a dual function that traditionally required changing the infant between an incubator and radiant warmer. OmniBeds reduce stress on the infant and allows better access by doctors, nurses and parents.
The Tacoma General NICU serves more than 1,500 premature and critically ill newborns annually and is the neonatal referral center for all of southwest Washington. Additionally, Tacoma General is nationally accredited in neonatal transport services and provides care and transportation for over 300 premature infants annually.
Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital & Health Center Parenting Partnership provides education, training and therapeutic support through consistent home visits from NICU nurses and professional family support workers and through facilitated group sessions with other NICU families. Staff and parents partner to build a strong, support system that protects and nurtures the child, and fosters good patterns of child care. The Parenting Partnership helps families access appropriate medical care to promote growth and development for each child.
For more information on the events and the cause, go to www.tacomacelebrityweekend.org.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Stars scheduled to appear are listed on the next page of this release.
Tacoma General Hospital and Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital & Health Center are part of MultiCare Health System. MultiCare is a leading-edge, integrated health organization made up of four hospitals, numerous primary care and urgent care clinics, multi-specialty centers, Hospice and Home Health services, and many other services. A not-for-profit organization based in Tacoma, Washington since 1882, MultiCare has grown over the years in response to community needs. Today we are the area's largest provider of health care services, serving patients at 93 locations in Pierce, South King, Kitsap and Thurston counties.
· Nick Lachey, solo artist; #1 on the Billboard Pop 100 and quadruple platinum singer with 98 Degrees and Motown record label, plus Grammy nominee for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals; MTV’s Newlyweds: Nick & Jessica; SoulO; MTV’s Nick Lachey: What's Left Of Me; NBC’s reality show, Clash of the Choirs; host of ABC’s High School Musical: Get in the Picture; and co-owner of the Tacoma Rainiers
· Aaron Artman, President, Tacoma Rainiers Baseball Club
· Aimee Wright, contestant, America’s Next Top Model
· Alonzo Mitz, defensive end, Seattle Seahawks
· Bill Krueger, pitcher, Seattle Mariners, senior baseball analyst for Fox Sports Northwest
· Bob Gross, forward, and 1977 NBA Champion with the Portland Trailblazers
· Brad Goode, anchor, KING 5 TV
· Jim Nettles, outfielder, Minnesota Twins, Detroit Tigers, Kansas City Royals and Oakland A’s
· Chris Daniels, reporter, King 5 TV
· Cindy Morgan, actress, Caddyshack, Tron and Falcon Crest
· Chris Egan, King 5 TV sports anchor and reporter
· Cris Judd, choreographer; lead dancer for Michael Jackson’s Dangerous and History tours, Red Sky Picture’s Goyband (2008 release)
· Dave “The Groz” Grosby, sports radio personality
· Dave Henderson, outfielder, Seattle Mariners, Boston Red Sox, and 1989 World Champion Oakland A’s
· Frank Burgess, 1961 NCAA scoring champion, two-time collegiate All-American, Gonzaga University alumni
· Jeff Nelson, four-time World Series champion with the NY Yankees
· Jesse Jones, reporter, KING 5 TV
· Kasey Keller, goalkeeper, Seattle Sounders FC, and four time World Cup participant
· Kirby Schlegel, Co-founder and Chairman of Schlegel Sports
· Lori Matsuakawa, anchor, KING 5 TV
· John Curley, host, KING 5 TV’s Evening Magazine
· Michael Jackson, linebacker, Seattle Seahawks
· Nesby Glasgow, safety, Seattle Seahawks
· Norm Johnson, placekicker, Seattle Seahawks and Super Bowl XXX Champion with the Pittsburgh Steelers
· Otis Sistrunk, defensive lineman and Super Bowl XI champion with the Oakland Raiders
· Randall Morris, running back, Seattle Seahawks
· Sarah Larson, model with Nous Model Management Los Angeles, 2008 People Magazine 100 Most Beautiful People, recently signed as the face of Christian Audigier Dresses and a winner of Fear Factor
· Stacy Fuson, model and actress, The Good Humor Man, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Shallow Hal and American Pie
· Tom Gorman, pitcher, NY Mets, Montreal Expos, Philadelphia Phillies, San Diego Padres
· Vanessa Minnillo, actress, Disaster Movie (2008), Redefining Love (2009), Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, hostess, MTV’s Prom Date, and Maxim’s Hot 100 list 2006
· Yuji Okumoto, actor, Karate Kid 2, Pearl Harbor, True Believer, Better Off Dead, SPIKE TV’s Mask of the Ninja, and the Disney Channel’s Johnny Tsunami and Johnny Kapahala.
* please note that this list is subject to change without notice
Posted on Aug 26, 2008 in