Search The Blog
|Marce Edwards |
Media Relations Manager
Health news feedDishing Up Hep A: Should Food Workers Be Vaccinated?Muffin top-melting recipes: Joy Bauer's fiery popcorn, chocolate pudding, moreMichigan Man Among First Recipients of 'Bionic Eye'9 foods to 'spring clean' your diet Nine Foods to 'Spring Clean' Your DietThe ultimate pick-me-up: Jenna Wolfe?s 10-minute office workout
The public entrance doors on Level 1 of the Rainier Pavilion on J Street will be closed from Nov. 15 to Jan. 7 while crews make seismic upgrades to the building.
Tacoma General work to close Rainier J Street entrance, elevators
Work on the Rainier Pavilion at MultiCare Tacoma General Hospital will require a temporary pedestrian detour for patients and staff members near J Street, as well as closure of all three Rainier Pavilion elevators on all floors.
Work will begin March 31 with an anticipated completion in early July.
The work on the elevators includes seismic upgrades and upgrades that will improve the function and appearance of the elevators. The project will also require limited access for staff and no public access to the remodeled portion of the 2nd Floor of the Rainier Pavilion.
Restricted Access to the New Rainier Pavilion Expansion
Remodel construction will begin on Level 2 of the Rainier Pavilion beginning March 31 and will require closure of the north corridor toward Commencement Pavilion with restricted access to the south corridor near Philip Pavilion. From March 31 through mid-May, staff, patients and visitors will use the following routes to access floors 2 - 4 of the new Rainier Pavilion Expansion.
Staff and Patient Access to the Rainier Expansion
All patients will be escorted by staff using the following routes:
- NICU patients will be transported via the surgical elevators, up to Level 3, and then walk down the temporary third floor corridor on the south side.
- Women and Newborn patients will be transported via the surgical elevators, up to the 4th floor, and then walk down the south side corridor.
- Family Birth Center/antepartum patients will be transported via the surgical elevators, up to the 4th floor, and then walk down the south side corridor into the Women and Newborn unit. They will enter the elevators in the Women and Newborn unit and proceed down to Level 2.
Visitor Access to the Rainier Expansion
- Visitors to the 2nd floor Family Birth Center will take the surgical elevators to the 4th floor, and then walk down the south side corridor. Volunteers or staff will escort them down to the 2nd floor using the east Rainier elevators.
- Visitors to the NICU will enter on the 3rd floor of Rainier Pavilion.
- Visitors to Women and Newborn unit on the 4th floor will take the surgical elevators to the 4th floor, and then proceed down the south side corridor.
Volunteers Services and Concierge Services will be available to provide assistance with wayfinding during the day.
J Street Entrance and Rainier Elevator Closure information
Due to the extensiveness of the work and to ensure patient and staff safety, the J Street Rainier Pavilion lobby will also be closed beginning March 31 through early July.
Patients and visitors will be redirected to use the main entrance on Martin Luther King Jr. Way, and staff can use any of the following alternate entrances:
- The Commencement Pavilion staff entrance off of J street (this entrance will change to 24/7 badge access for staff and vendors only).
- The Commencement Pavilion Security entrance off of South 3rd Street.
- The staff entrance by the loading dock off of J Street.
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and positive communication about the solutions to this temporary closure. We understand the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and support.
Posted on Mar 26, 2014 in