|Health Care Exploration|
MultiCare Nurse Camp - July 21-25, 2014
MultiCare Nurse Camp is your chance for an up-close look at nursing and allied health careers.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a nurse or allied health professional? MultiCare’s Annual Nurse Camp is your chance to explore these exciting careers — and thanks to gracious donations from a variety of community organizations and businesses, including MultiCare Health System, there is no fee to attend Nurse Camp.
At Nurse Camp, you’ll join professional nurses and other allied health care providers as they care for patients in the Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Cancer Center, Labor & Delivery, Pediatric Care, and Adult Surgical Care areas. In short, you’ll get a firsthand, behind the scenes look at the multifaceted world of nursing and allied health.
7/21/2014 - 7/25/2014
MultiCare Health System
Tacoma General Hospital
315 Martin Luther King Jr Way
Tacoma, WA 98405
Click to Enlarge |
Nurse Camp offers five full days of education, observation and participation in the daily activities of professional nurses and allied health professionals. At the end of Nurse Camp, you’ll walk away with medical skills, knowledge of health careers, nursing scrubs, and wonderful memories!
Approximately 100 students who are current sophomores and juniors at the time of application, and have not participated before in MultiCare Nurse Camp, will be accepted.
Students will be admitted based on a total score awarded for all elements of their application (including a personal statement and recommendations as outlined on the application checklist)
Your complete application packet must be received via e-mail by Friday, March 7th, 2014 by 5:00pm.
- 2014 Nurse Camp Application Instructions – please read carefully and use the checklist!
- 2014 Nurse Camp Application Form and Personal Statement – to be emailed to NurseCamp@multicare.org directly from applicant
- 2014 Nurse Camp Academic Recommendation (signed by your Assistant Principal) – to be emailed to NurseCamp@multicare.org directly from school
- 2014 Nurse Camp Recommendation Form – Two recommendations are required and to be emailed to NurseCamp@multicare.org directly from references
- High School Transcripts – scanned and emailed to NurseCamp@multicare.org directly from applicant
Early submission is recommended as ONLY the first 225 completed applications received will be scored.
All Nurse Camp application materials must be submitted to NurseCamp@multicare.org no later than Friday, March 7th at 5:00pm.
*All Forms Should be Completed Using Microsoft Word