|MultiCare Volunteer Services|
PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE ROLESAre you a prior patient or have you had family in our facilities? These opportunities are a great fit for you as these volunteer roles help us improve services for future patients and families; provide feedback on our services and to our providers about the care we give and resources we provide; and support patients and families currently in care.
- Family Advisor/Committee Member: Membership on a hospital committee. The work is variable and might include development of a new program, policy or process. It involves working closely with various clinical and/or non-clinical members of the MHS community by bringing the family perspective to their particular project.
- Family Partner Council Member: Members share their views and experiences and collaborate regarding hospital processes, program development, expanding existing services and creating new ones. Members help drive decisions about programming and policies within MHS. Three different family led councils – Teen Advocacy, Mary Bridge FAC, and TG/AH FPC. Multiple unit based councils and a system wide clinical practice council.
- Family Advisor/Experience Groups: One time family/patient group meeting participant where you will provide feedback or suggest solutions on a particular topic.
- Family Advisor/Material Reviewer: Reviewer of draft brochures, policies, education materials, etc. from the family/patient perspective.
- Family as Faculty: Our members are often asked to provide individual presentations from a personal perspective. Examples of this include speaking at new employee orientation or to various hospital departments and other community venues.
- Family Partner Inpatient Volunteer: The Family Partner Inpatient Volunteer will nurture, support & serve the families on inpatient units. This position assists in the Family Resource Center, hosts coffee cart and provides family rounding to each bedside.
To apply for these opportunities, please click here and complete the information at the bottom of the page.