Websites of InterestYour neurological care goes far beyond the four walls of our health care locations. We know that your condition has an effect on your daily life and those who care for you. Here, we've assembled a number of highly regarded government and public health institution websites.
- American Stroke Association — this is a division of the American Heart Association.
- The Brain Attack Coalition
- National Stroke Association
- American Brain Tumor Association
- American Brain Tumor Association: A Primer of Brain Tumors
- OncoLink: Brain Tumors — this medically sound, well-respected information is provided by the Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania.
- MEDLINEplus: Movement Disorders — find the latest movement disorders headlines, research and information as a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health.
- The Movement Disorder Society
- The Parkinson's Institute
- Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers
- Multiple Sclerosis Association of America
- Multiple Sclerosis Foundation
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- MEDLINEplus: Sleep Disorders — find the latest sleep disorders headlines, research and information as a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health.
- National Sleep Foundation
- NIH — National Center on Sleep Disorders Research — this organization is a part of the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute.
- The Vestibular Disorders Association (located in Portland, Ore.)
Find SupportSharing your experiences, trials and triumphs in dealing with a neurological disorder with others who suffer from a similar affliction can make your road to recovery easier. National, local and hospital-based support groups are available. Check below for a local group that will be right for you.
Tacoma Area Stroke Support Group
Meets 2nd Thursday of every month 6:30 - 8 pm at 6315 S. 19th (19th and Pearl St.)
Please call Linda Thompson at 253-472-0857 for more information.
American Brain Tumor Association Support Group
Information sharing and caring support. Meets last Monday of every month in the Tacoma General Hospital 6J Family Room. Call Peggy Halquist, Nurse Case Manager at 253-403-4866 for more information.