- Mary Bridge Children's Hospital
- Children's Therapy Unit
- Family Birth Centers
- Family Care Clinics
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Perinatal Outreach ProgramThe high-risk specialists at MultiCare do more than care for our patients. They are leading a region-wide effort to improve pregnancy outcomes and help ensure that fewer babies are born prematurely or with a low-birth weight.
The MultiCare Regional Perinatal Outreach Program at Tacoma General Hospital is one of four Regional Perinatal Programs designated by the Washington State Department of Health, and serves 11 counties and 16 hospitals.
As part of this program our specialists share their experience and knowledge with other physicians and community hospitals across southwest Washington by offering or facilitating:
- Physician and nurse consultation services
- Continuing education for health care professionals
- Emergency medical transport for referring hospitals within the region
- Providing consultation and technical assistance on emerging perinatal issues
- Coordinating education and training for perinatal health care personnel
- A lending resource library
These activities are crucial to help keep mothers and babies across the region safe and healthy during the last stages of pregnancy, childbirth and into the first weeks of infancy.
MultiCare’s Regional Perinatal Outreach Program staff includes:
- Perinatal and Neonatal Outreach Coordinators
- Regional Network Consulting Nurse
- Perinatal Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Perinatal Services and NICU Clinical Directors
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Providers & Neonatologists
- Transport Team Coordinator & Medical Director
- Perinatal and Neonatal Case Managers