About the ProgramOur Employee Assistance Program counselors provide help and guidance with child and family issues, marital difficulties, emotional stress, job-related stress, drug and/or alcohol problems, or any combination of these. Whether you need help with a small or large problem, Pacific Employee Assistance offers confidential, professional help. Referrals are also available if you need assistance with financial or legal matters.
Your company usually pays for up to three counseling visits per contract year for employees and their dependents. For help beyond the EAP, such as inpatient treatment, you may have coverage through your medical insurance. You must go through your employee assistance program to get authorization for treatment.
Acceptance of a referral for EAP services is voluntary. Job security and promotion opportunities depend solely on your job performance and will not be affected by participation in the EAP. If personal problems interfere with your job performance, then it makes good sense to seek professional help. The discussions between you and the EAP counselor are strictly confidential.
Here’s a summary of our qualifications and credentials:
- We provide services to 12,500 employees throughout Pierce County every year
- We are licensed to do business in the state of Washington as a not-for-profit organization
- Our counselors are required to have extensive training, a minimum of five years’ experience as a counselor, and to be licensed by Washington
- Confidentiality is of utmost importance to us. As a result, we maintain the strictest client confidentiality and a record-security system
- We strive to uphold the highest ethical standards in order to provide quality, confidential services
- We meet all federal requirements for equal opportunity and affirmative action
We carry worker’s compensation insurance and $5 million per occurrence liability coverage, including error and omissions insurance. Since Pacific Employee Assistance is a hospital-based program, our insurance coverage is provided through the Washington Hospital Liability Insurance Fund.
For more information, please call Pacific Employee Assistance at 253-697-8350 or 877-223-7428.