- Institute for Research & Innovation
- About Us
- Participate in a Study
- Become an Investigator
- Information for Sponsors
Cardiothoracic SurgeryThe MultiCare cardiothoracic surgery group is one of the most skilled and progressive in the state. They are dedicated to improving patient care through the clinical trial process. They have been amongst the top enrolling sites for many of the studies they are participating in.
The MultiCare Cardiothoracic Surgical Associates, including Allen Graeve, MD and Dennis Nichols, MD, partner with the MultiCare Institute for Research & Innovation to conduct cardiac surgery trials for the following indications:
- Reduction of Morbidity and Mortality in High Risk Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
- Low-Dose Anticoagulation after Mechanical Heart Valve Replacement
- Prevention of Post-op Infections
- Prevention of Cognitive Dysfunction in Coronary Artery Bypass Graft surgery, Prevention of Pain in Thoracotomy Patients
- Study to Improve Outcomes in Heart Failure Patients undergoing Cardiac Surgery
The Institute has been very successful with the PROACT mechanical heart valve study with more than 140 patients enrolling in the trial.
Cardiac Surgery Investigators include: