|MultiCare Orthopedics & Sports Medicine|
Sports Concussion Program
In May 2009, the Zach Lystedt Law went into effect in the state of Washington. This law requires that all student athletes with suspected head injuries be removed from play until cleared by a licensed health care provider trained in the evaluation and management of sports-related concussions.
MultiCare Sports Concussion Program’s goal is to provide leadership and advanced care for adolescent/teen/college athletes with concussions. The program brings together the vast knowledge and expertise of:
- The sports medicine specialists at MultiCare Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Pediatric neuropsychologyand neurology specialists at Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital & Health Center
- The MultiCare Good Samaritan Neuropsychology department
Our program specifically focuses on treating injured athletes who are children and young adults - making it the only program of its kind in the South Puget Sound region.
MultiCare Sports Concussion Program offers:
- A unique partnership between sports medicine and neuropsychology experts
- Computerized neurocognitive assessment utilizing the ImPACT system
- Case collaboration with community physicians through our long-running Concussion Board
- Prompt, high quality care
For more information, or to discuss how MultiCare Sports Concussion Program can work with your school’s athletic program, please call:
Tacoma, Gig Harbor