- Our Providers
- Pain Management
- Sleep Medicine
- Pediatric Neurosciences
- Patient Resources
What to ExpectThe Mary Bridge Neurology Clinic’s experienced team includes board-certified physicians specializing in pediatric neurology, registered nurses, a social worker, a registered dietician, and other support staff. Our goal is to work hand-in-hand with you and your child’s primary care physician to help your child achieve his or her fullest potential through personalized, compassionate and integrated care.
AppointmentsThe following information will help make the time with your child’s doctor as useful and beneficial as possible.
- Most follow-up appointments are scheduled for 15 minutes. Consider preparing a written list of your questions ahead of time so that your concerns can be fully addressed.
- Your child must be present for their appointment or it will be rescheduled.
- Bring all of your child’s medication bottles to each appointment.
- For patients with epilepsy or headaches, please bring seizure logs or headache diaries to each appointment.
- Please schedule follow-up appointments as soon as possible, to take advantage of optimum time slots and avoid lengthy delays.
- We request 24-48 hours notice if you must cancel an appointment.
Phone CallsQuestions or concerns often arise between scheduled visits to our clinic. Your child’s doctor may instruct you to call the clinic when certain situations occur, or you may want to report a seizure or a medication problem.
- Call 9-1-1 anytime your concern is a life-threatening EMERGENCY.
- For questions or concerns regarding your child’s condition or treatment, call 253-792-6630 to speak with a Neurology Clinic nurse.
- If the concern or question requires a significant change in the management of your child’s condition, you will be asked to schedule an appointment to properly address the concern.
- Clinic nurses are available Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm. After-hours, weekends or holidays, please call the MultiCare Consulting Nurse Service at 253-792-6300.
- Calls are returned in order of urgency. We will return your call as soon as possible, but please allow one to two business days for your call to be returned.
- Please provide us with your current phone numbers and keep your contact information updated, so we can promptly reach you or return your call.
LabsBlood tests are ordered to monitor your child’s health and response to prescribed medications. Your doctor will typically request blood tests every six months, or more often, as necessary. These test results help your doctor prescribe the appropriate type and amount of medication that your child needs. It is very important to follow your doctor’s instructions and complete these tests when they are requested.
Results: Labs drawn at a MultiCare lab (Laboratories Northwest) are generally available to your doctor within one to seven business days. A clinic nurse will contact you if your physician has a concern or makes changes to the treatment plan. Labs drawn at an outside, non-MultiCare lab require additional time to process. Please allow one to two weeks for these results to become available.
Prescription RefillsMedications are refilled up to the next clinic appointment. It is very important to complete follow-up appointments as requested by your doctor so that your child’s refills can continue without interruption.
To refill most medications (for seizure, migraine and others), please call your pharmacy to request the medication refill you need. If you need further assistance with your refill, please call the Clinic at
To Refill “Controlled Medications”
“Controlled medications” include Adderall, Concerta, Dexadrine, Dextrostat, Focalin, Metadate or Ritalin (or any of their generic forms). These medications are refilled month-by-month and a one-month supply of medication is provided with each refill. Please note that these prescriptions cannot be called in or faxed to a pharmacy. The pharmacy must be presented with an original written paper prescription from your child’s physician.
To refill controlled medications, please call the Prescription Refill Line at 253-403-8734. Clinic staff check this line daily.
The following information is required each time you call:
• Say and spell the patient’s last name, first name, and middle initial.
• Patient’s date of birth
• Patient’s prescribing doctor
• Your name and phone number where you can be reached
• Name of the medication and dose
• Whether you plan to pick up the written prescription from the Clinic or if you would like it mailed.
• Correct mailing address where the prescription should be mailed, if necessary.
Please allow one to two business days to process all refill requests.