It’s About Caring
MultiCare∙Good Samaritan Hospice seeks people who are interested in providing support for Hospice patients and their families throughout Pierce and South King Counties.
As members of the Hospice Team, volunteers offer their time and compassion for up to four hours a week helping with tasks such as:
- Relieving caregivers for short periods of time
- Offering emotional support to patients and families
- Assisting with errands
- Guiding patients through a review of their lives
- Working in the Hospice office helping to file or stuff envelopes
Volunteers serve patients where they live, whether in their own home, an assisted living facility, and adult family home or a skilled nursing facility.
How Do I Become a Hospice Volunteer?
- Complete an application and screening process (includes a criminal history check)
- Must be 18 years or older
- At least one year should have passed since the loss of a loved one
- Be comfortable with end-of-life issues
What Will I Gain As A Hospice Volunteer?
- A program designed to help you define and develop your own goals for serving people
- Personal satisfaction and a sense of purpose from helping others
- Insight and meaning to your own life as you journey with those who are facing serious issues
- Greater awareness through relationships with unique patients and families
- New knowledge through the training offered by the Hospice Volunteer Program
*More Info on Hospice Volunteers
Click here to access the online Volunteer Services application or call 253-301-6400 or 888-516-4504 to receive an application through the mail or to have someone answer any questions.