Improving Upper Extremity Motor Recovery
Improving Upper Extremity Motor Recovery Following Neurological Injury
Jun 21, 2013 - Jun 22, 2013
7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Join us for this innovative course to gain practical hands on experience and training in the use of Saebo’s Functional Dynamic Orthoses which will enable you to incorporate the latest evidence based treatment approaches for UE neurological rehabilitation for those individuals who are appropriate. This overwhelmingly well received and AOTA approved course consists of both lecture and lab activities with actual patient volunteers. The course will review current research findings related to the treatment of the hemiparetic UE, teach you to identify which patients with a variety of diagnoses will benefit, teach you how to correctly fit and adjust the orthoses, as well as teach you to establish patient specific treatment plans that can be immediately incorporated into clinical practice. Be one of the almost 6,000 US and Internationally trained therapists who are able to provide Saebo products and programs to your patients. This course is designed for OT/OTAs, PT/PTAs and CPOs and provides continuing education within the areas of Professional Issues, Occupational Therapy Domain and the Occupational Therapy Process according to the “AOTA Classification Codes.”
Upon Completion Of This Course The Participant Will:
1. Identify common upper extremity impairments following a stroke
2. Demonstrate awareness of current research evidence for common treatment strategies for the upper hemiparetic limb
3. Describe the principles of Saebo’s Functional Dynamic orthoses (SaeboFlex and SaeboReach) and the Saebo Arm Training Program
4. Describe the principles of the SaeboStretch resting hand splint
5. Identify the components that make up Saebo’s orthoses
6. Perform a clinical evaluation of the hemiparetic upper extremity for the appropriateness of the orthoses
7. Assemble the orthoses and complete the fitting procedure
8. Develop a patient specific Saebo Arm Training treatment plan
9. Describe how to incorporate the orthoses and Saebo Arm Training principles into your current treatment practice
This course incorporates lecture and lab format.
This is an intermediate level course designed for OTs, PTs and Assistants.
A certificate of attendance for 1.6 CEU’s (equivalent to 16 contact hours) will be awarded to each participant who:
- attends both days of the course,
- achieves a passing grade of 70% or above on a written learning assessment and
- Demonstrates the ability to accurately assemble, fit and adjust the orthoses based on course learning objectives.
AOTA Approved Provider of Continuing Education #7253. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA
Registration fee less a $75 administrative charge is refundable if cancellation is received at least 14 days prior to course date. No refunds will be given less than 14 days prior to course date. Saebo, Inc. reserves the right to cancel a course and will refund in full the registration fee only. If a course is in progress, and is interrupted by acts of God, including natural disaster(s), and/or due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, no refunds will be issued. Saebo is NOT responsible for registrants’ non-refundable airfare, accommodations or fees.
Alyson Miller at email@example.com
$375 - individual rate / $350 - group rate
Dates and Locations
Children's Therapy Unit
402 15th Ave. S.E.
Puyallup, WA 98372