|Child Life Services|
Child Life Internship ProgramThank you for your interest in Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital’s Child Life Internship Program. At this time, we are only accepting applications for 2014 Fall Semester/Quarter.
Before completing the application, please ensure you meet the minimum qualifications for applying with our program.
- The applicant is at least in the final semester of completing a Bachelors degree with a current 3.0 overall GPA in a child/family-focused program by the start date of the internship. We do accept applications from students who have completed their Bachelor’s degree OR who are working on a Masters degree.
- The applicant must be affiliated with a University or Community College.
- The applicant must have a minimum of 100 hours of volunteer experience in a pediatric hospital or outpatient setting by the application deadline. We would also encourage applicants to have experience working with children in non-hospital settings.
Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital provides a maximum of a 600 hour non-paid experience. You will be rotated through an inpatient pediatric unit, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, surgery, outpatient clinics, palliative care, and the emergency department.
Please refer to the Child Life Council website for internship application deadlines and acceptance dates. We follow the child life council’s recommendations.
The completed application packet must contain:
- Completed internship application with all required materials included (please see application checklist review)
- Two letters of recommendation, one of the letters from your volunteer supervisor
Please Return Completed Application Packet to:
Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital
Child Life Department
311 S. L. St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
If you have any questions regarding the application, please contact Julie at 253-403-3558 or email firstname.lastname@example.org