|Child Life Services|
Child Life Internship ProgramThank you for your interest in Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital’s Child Life Internship Program. At this time, we are only accepting applications for 2014 Fall Semester/Quarter.
Before completing the application, please ensure you meet the minimum requirements of our program.
- Must at least be in the final semester of completing a Bachelor’s degree. Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 in a Child Life, Child Development, or other related program.
- Must be affiliated with a university or community college. (A student may have a Bachelor’s degree and choose to enroll in a college course in order to qualify for this internship.)
- Must have a minimum of 100 hours of volunteer experience in a pediatric hospital or outpatient setting.
- Encouraged to have experience working with children in non-healthcare setting (i.e. daycare, school environment, etc.)
Our Child Life Internship Program provides a maximum of a 600 hour non-paid experience. Throughout the internship, Child Life Interns will rotate through the following units: medical/surgical/oncology unit, intensive care unit, surgery, outpatient clinics, radiology, and the emergency department.
Please refer to the Child Life Council website for internship application deadlines and acceptance dates. We follow the Child Life Council’s recommendations.
The completed application packet must contain:
- Completed internship application with all required materials included (please see application checklist review)
- Two letters of recommendation, one of the letters from your volunteer supervisor
Please Return Completed Application Packet to:
Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital
Child Life Department
311 S. L. St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
If you have any questions regarding the application, please contact Julie at 253-403-3558 or email firstname.lastname@example.org