Top Pediatric Hospital
Mary Bridge Children's Hospital has been named one of the country's Top Hospitals by the Leapfrog Goup for providing the safest and highest quality care to pediatric patients. We are the only pediatric hospital in the Pacific Northwest and one of only 12 children's hospitals in the country to receive this recognition.
Making a Difference for Children
We offer child- and family-centered care through a pediatric team, including pediatric nurses and a wide range of board-certified pediatric specialists. Children are treated by in-house pediatric doctors, nurses and specialists who are ready to serve children 24 hours a day.
The acute needs of hospitalized children require extremely specialized, skilled care providers. This special kind of caring is always available at Mary Bridge. And it makes a difference—not only in how quickly a child gets better, but also in how satisfied the child and family are with their hospital experience.
A Family-Centered Approach to Healing
At Mary Bridge Children's Hospital, we understand when children are ill, it also affects their families. This is why family-centered care is as much a part of what Mary Bridge stands for as advanced pediatric medicine. At Mary Bridge:
- Parents are welcome 24 hours a day.
- Families are encouraged to take part in their child’s care, including decisions about treatment.
- Out-of-town families can stay in nearby apartments funded through donor contributions.
- Child life specialists are available to provide emotional support and play therapy.
- The family resource center helps parents connect with a variety of helpful services.
- A homework computer workstation helps kids avoid falling behind in school.
- Child-friendly art and décor help comfort children.
For more information about the Medical-Surgical Unit, call 253-403-1660.