Making a Difference for Children
We offer child- and family-centered care through a pediatric team, including pediatric nurses and a wide range of board-certified pediatric specialists. Children are treated by in-house pediatric doctors, nurses and specialists who are ready to serve children 24 hours a day.
The acute needs of hospitalized children require extremely specialized, skilled care providers. This special kind of caring is always available at Mary Bridge. And it makes a difference—not only in how quickly a child gets better, but also in how satisfied the child and family are with their hospital experience.
A Family-Centered Approach to Healing
At Mary Bridge Children's Hospital, we understand when children are ill, it also affects their families. This is why family-centered care is as much a part of what Mary Bridge stands for as advanced pediatric medicine. At Mary Bridge:
- Parents are welcome 24 hours a day.
- Families are encouraged to take part in their child’s care, including decisions about treatment.
- Out-of-town families can stay in nearby apartments funded through donor contributions.
- Child life specialists are available to provide emotional support and play therapy.
- The family resource center helps parents connect with a variety of helpful services.
- A homework computer workstation helps kids avoid falling behind in school.
- Child-friendly art and décor help comfort children.
For more information about the Medical-Surgical Unit, call 253-403-1660.