Search The Blog
|Marce Edwards |
Media Relations Manager
Health news feedNow a 'Pollen Vortex'? Wild Weather May Mean Allergy NightmareAchoo! 7 Ways to Fight Spring Allergies'This Thing Is Working,' Obama Touts ACAUta's marathon training tip of the day: Focus on carbs, eat small amounts throughout dayDog's Death Causes Woman to Go to HospitalWould Your Kitchen Pass a Health Inspection?
Five fitness tips for Black Friday and beyond
The holidays are a time to celebrate — with food, family, and shopping. And even if you’re trying to take good care of yourself, you can still enjoy your favorite traditions. MultiCare dietitians have assembled these tips to help you make the most of your Black Friday shopping trips, and prepare for the rest of the holiday season.
- Park far away from store entrances – get those steps in where you can!
- Take the stairs whenever possible
- Stay active even while watching tv by doing some light stretching or marching in place
- Manage holiday stress by taking a yoga class or practicing deep breathing exercises
- Be sure to get plenty of sleep – make it a goal to get 7-8 hours a night
Posted on Nov 23, 2012 in Healthy Living