Limiting screen time can be difficult. By now, you know that too much screen time (TVs, video games, tablets, computers, smart phones, etc.) is unhealthy, but what can you do instead? Here are 20 ideas to get you started.
20 Outdoor Activities
1. Play basketball with a friend.
2. Walk to the library to get a book.
3. Play tag.
4. Jump rope.
5. Walk around the block with friends.
6. Play catch.
7. Draw pictures with sidewalk chalk.
8. Play foursquare with friends.
10. Play hopscotch.
11. Go for a family walk.
12. Go on a bike ride.
13. Set up an outdoor obstacle course.
14. Hula hoop.
15. Go to the park.
16. Join a sports team at school or in your community.
17. Go to the zoo.
18. Play Frisbee.
19. Go skateboarding.
20. Play Simon Says.
Previously: 20 indoor activities.
Ready, Set, Go! 5210 is a community-based initiative in Pierce County to promote healthy lifestyle choices for children, youth and families. Healthy choices are easier to make in a healthy environment with access to healthy foods and physical activity. Ready, Set, Go! aims to improve health in Pierce County by making healthy changes where people live, learn, work, and play. The primary target of Ready, Set, Go! is children and youth from birth to 18 years old, but everyone can benefit from the 5-2-1-0 message.