'Come Walk With Me' on Oct. 5 in Sumner to support breast health
Sign up now for Come Walk With Me, a 3.1-mile walk Saturday, Oct. 5 in Sumner that raises funds for breast health programs at MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital in Puyallup.
Click here to register.
The walk begins at 9 a.m. at The Old Cannery Furniture Warehouse in Sumner.
Registration is $25 for ages 13+ ($30 day of) and $10 for ages 5-12 ($15 day of). It's free for children 4 and younger.
In partnership with Diagnostic Imaging Northwest, the walk supports Her Peace of Mind, a mammography voucher program for woman needing assistance in paying for their mammograms.
Funds raised also provide support services in community education and outreach in an effort to save lives and ease the journey for newly diagnosed breast cancer patients.
Bring the whole family, gather your friends and be prepared for a morning of pure pink fun.
COME WALK WITH ME IS A 3.1 MILE WALK WITH AN INSANE AMOUNT OF PINK AND THE FOLLOWING OFFERINGS:
- 7:30 a.m - Day-of Registration and T-shirt Pick-Up Opens
- 8:30 a.m - Kids 50-yard dash (ages 10 and younger) Free
- 9 a.m - Start of 5k Walk
- 9:20-10:30 a.m - Breakfast Show, Silent Auction, and Vendor Village. Captain Jack's has partnered with us on the Drink Pink After Party. Enjoy live music, half-price drinks and appetizers. We are keeping the pink spirit alive all day long!
Come Walk With Me raises funds to provide the following for breast health programs at MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital:
- Establish a free/reduced fee mammography program through Her Piece of Mind. For more information call 253-697-4927.
- Resource kits for newly diagnosed patients.
- Post-surgical camisoles with built-in drainage, provided to patients at no cost.
- Wigs for patients in treatment.
- Prosthesis programs for under-insured.
- Presentations to various community groups on breast health.
- Lymphedema classes and support groups.
- Exercise and nutrition classes specifically for breast cancer patients.
READ STORIES FROM THE WOMEN WHOSE LIVES YOU ARE IMPACTING