What to pack: Child overnight hospital stay
- Favorite things. Pillows, blankets and stuffed animals offer great comfort at the hospital. Let your child pick a few favorite things to bring with them. Rooms have DVD players and TVs so feel free to bring favorite movies, too.
- Pajamas and slippers. Slippers keep little toes warm when walking to the playroom or cafeteria and a favorite pair of pajamas will make your child feel comfy.
- Pictures of family and friends. Pictures help make hospital rooms feel more like home and remind children they have people who support and love them.
- Paperwork. Dont forget to bring a list of allergies, medications, paperwork or X-rays from your childs doctor or health care provider, emergency contact numbers, and insurance card or any other important billing information.
- A few things for you. Parents are encouraged to stay in the room with the child. Rooms can accommodate one overnight guest at a time on a chair bed. We provide linens and recommend you bring toiletries and a change of clothes. Overnight accommodations for out-of-town families are available nearby.
Has your child had an overnight hospital stay? Would you add anything to the list? Tell us in the comments.