- Patient Guide
- Visitor Guide
- Hospital Amenities
- Maps, Directions and Parking
- Tree House: A Place for Families
- Customer Service
- Community Expansion Project
- Tacoma General Hospital School of Nursing
- Tacoma General's 130th Anniversary
Patient Care and SafetyThe care and safety of our patients is of the utmost importance to each of us at MultiCare. In fact, it is so important that it is our mission -- quality patient care. A commitment to meeting our mission is apparent in everything we do.
Our commitment to the highest level of quality and patient safety is demonstrated by the following:
- MultiCare is accredited by the Joint Commission, an organization committed to improving patient safety through high standards for care. The Joint Commission conducts on-site reviews of participating health care organizations to ensure standards of care are followed. MultiCare's inpatient, home health and hospice services are all accredited by the Joint Commission.
- MultiCare participates in the Institute for Healthcare Improvement's 100k Lives Campaign, a national effort involving thousands of hospitals across the country joining together to prevent avoidable deaths.
- MultiCare is also focusing on two interventions recommended by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) in order to reduce the occurrence of pneumonia and heart failure.
Joint Commission Accreditation:
MultiCare Health System hospitals (Tacoma General, Allenmore and Mary Bridge Children's Hospital), as well as our Home Health and Hospice services are accredited by the Joint Commission (on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, formerly JCAHO). The mission of the Joint Commission is to continuously improve the safety and quality of care. MultiCare is voluntarily accredited by The Joint Commission to ensure that our quality of care is of the highest standard.
Should you feel your care was not of the highest standard, we encourage you to contact us. You may either contact management for the service area directly or contact a Customer Concern representative, using one of the following methods:
Call our Customer Concern Line:
Pierce County local number: 253-403-1739
King County local number: 253-372-7039
Toll free number: 866-247-2366
Email us at: email@example.com
Write to us at: MultiCare Health System
PO Box 5299 MS:419-2-CN
Tacoma , WA . 98415-0299
The public may contact the Joint Commission’s Office of Quality Monitoring to report any concerns or to register complaints about a Joint Commission accredited health care organization by either calling 800-994-6610 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.