At the time of your admission, or when you come to the hospital for pre-admission, please bring the following:
- Your signed insurance card, Medicare cards, and/or Department of Social and Health Services ID card, as well as any other important billing information.
- A list of any allergies you have to medications, food, dyes, latex, tape or other substances.
- A list of any medications you take regularly, and the dosage. Include both prescription and over-the-counter medications such as aspirins, acetaminophen (Tylenol), vitamins, herbal preparations, and so on.
- Copies of your Advance Directive, Advance Directive for Mental Health, and Durable Power of Attorney or Physician's Order for Life Support Treatment (POLST) form, if you have one.
- Any paperwork or X-rays from your doctor or health care provider.
- Your emergency contact numbers.
Since you will need few personal items, we suggest you limit what you bring to the following:
- Bathrobe and slippers
- Pajamas or gown
- Shaving equipment
If you wear dentures, ask your nurse for a special container to store them at your bedside. To avoid accidental disposal, please do not leave them wrapped in tissue or napkins on your bedside table.
For the safety of all patients, please do not bring any home electrical equipment or appliances to the hospital. This includes radios, hair dryers, curling irons and tape recorders. Please discuss exceptions to this policy with your nurse.
What About Valuables?
The hospital is not responsible for money or other valuables kept in your room. We strongly recommend that you leave money, jewelry and mobile devices at home. If you have money or other valuables with you when you come to the hospital, you can leave them with our security department for safekeeping.