Each year, MultiCare commits financial resources to multiple community programs and services; invests in capital projects to improve our facilities for our patients; and helps ensure low-income or uninsured patients get the care they need, regardless of their ability to pay. Below is a summary of the support we provided in 2018.
These are programs or activities that go beyond patient care, are available to the general public and are primarily subsidized by MultiCare. These services are grouped into five categories:
Low-Income Patient Care Shortfall
These are the unreimbursed costs of providing hospital-based care to low-income and special needs populations, including:
In 2018, MultiCare provided $17,532,000 in discounts to uninsured patients.
Each year, MultiCare invests in capital improvement projects to ensure our patients have the most advanced treatment facilities available. In 2018, we invested over $230 million in these and other projects:
Expansion of MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital’s Dally Tower
- Continued expansion of urgent care sites and clinics throughout our service areas
- Wellfound Behaviorial Health Hospital construction in Tacoma
- MultiCare Auburn Medical Center central utility plant
- Completion of the MultiCare Covington Medical Center Hospital with 58 inpatient beds
- Installation of Epic system in Spokane area facilities and in Covington