MultiCare was honored that our work to provide our patients with excellent care and to serve as leaders in our industry was recognized by these and other organizations in 2018:
- Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital was one of only 13 children’s hospitals nationwide awarded “Top Hospital” status by The Leapfrog Group, an independent hospital watchdog organization.
- MultiCare Valley Hospital earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement, the first and only hospital in Washington state to earn the designation.
- MultiCare Deaconess and Valley hospitals both earned a four-star rating by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Seattle magazine honored 9 MultiCare doctors in the 17th annual “Top Doctors” issue. The list names 446 best physicians in the Puget Sound region.
- MultiCare Tacoma General Hospital was named “Best Hospital” by South Sound magazine’s “Best of the South Sound” annual reader poll.
- The MultiCare Institute for Research & Innovation was awarded the 2017 certificate of achievement from IQVIA for superior performance and quality in clinical research.
- MultiCare Tacoma General Hospital and MultiCare Deaconess Hospital became the first and only South Sound and Inland Northwest region hospitals to be internationally certified as Comprehensive Stroke
- Centers by DNV-GL. This recognition demonstrates the highest level of competence in treating stroke.