In 2018, MultiCare launched the DAISY Award program in the Puget Sound Region to honor extraordinary nurses, as nominated by patients, patients’ families and colleagues. A national program that began in 1999, the DAISY Award rewards remarkable care, clinical skills and extraordinary compassion in nursing. It’s given to outstanding licensed nursing professionals in more than 2,000 health care facilities worldwide.
DAISY is an acronym for “diseases attacking the immune system,” in honor of Patrick Barnes, who died of an auto-immune disease and whose family founded The DAISY Foundation.
Alicia Hulse, RN, a MultiCare Good Samaritan Emergency Department nurse, received the first DAISY Award for 2018 on May 4.
Our other 2018 DAISY award recipients were:
- Dianna Babauta, RN, Auburn Medical Center
- Natalie Bisceglia, RN, Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital Matt Boucher, RN, Allenmore Hospital
- Kim Coveney, RN, Auburn Medical Center
- Emily Coy, RN, Tacoma General Hospital
- Jennifer Kerby, RN, Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital Roy Knott, RN, Allenmore Hospital
- Melanie Ray, RN, Good Samaritan Hospital
- Casey Sprague, RN, Tacoma General Hospital