Our Child & Family Services team includes behavioral health specialists dedicated to caring for childrenâ€™s mental health needs. Our goal is to help children with mood, behavioral or other mental health issues to reduce their challenges at school and home and put them on a path to wellness as they grow into adulthood.
Why Choose Us: Accessible Expertise
Accessing expert care for your child should be easy. Which is why MultiCare Behavioral Health's specialists offer proven treatments designed specifically for children in more settings than any other mental health program in our area. Access our care for your child, youth or teen through our:
- Walk-in assessment clinic: We are one of just a few programs offering a walk-in clinic solely dedicated to providing mental health assessments for adults and children receiving Medicaid support. Our experienced mental health professionals work with parents and guardians at the Puyallup clinic to determine which services are best for your child and to help schedule their first appointment. Contact us to learn more about what to expect.
- Integrated care through our primary care and pediatric clinics: With therapists in numerous clinics throughout Pierce and South King County, no one offers more options for receiving mental health services in primary care settings. Learn more about our integrated services.
- Embedded therapists at Mary Bridge Childrenâ€™s Hospital: We help children with chronic diseases, such as cystic fibrosis, to overcome challenges with their condition when they need mental health support.
- In-school services: Our partnerships with 15 schools in five different school districts in Pierce County help children receive treatment right at school. In addition to counseling services, we advocate for your childâ€™s needs within their school environment.
- Case management: We help your family access community resources and learn how to advocate for your childâ€™s needs.
Services available through our Child & Family Services program include:
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Regular assessments to determine whether treatments are having a positive impact on your childâ€™s daily life
- Coordination with community resource providers to help meet your childâ€™s basic needs, such as food and housing
- Medication services and consultation for enrolled clients with complex medication issues
- Support from our state certified peer specialists, all of whom have overcome significant challenges with their own children
Free support services and programs for parents and young adults include:
- Sexual minority support: With a focus on health and wellness, we offer a friendly, supportive environment to young adults in the lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender (LGBT) community. Learn more about this program and our other specialty services.
- Family support: Our Family Support Services offer skills and support for parents and families. Learn more about our Family Support Services.
All services and treatment are provided in a collaborative environment and delivered using a team-based approach that fosters hope and wellness.