The following are MultCare's philosophy and guiding principles regarding our Belonging Journey — how MultiCare addresses and positively impacts equity, diversity and inclusion.
- All people are valuable, without regard to who they are, where they come from, how they show up, what they think, and so on.
- All patients are deserving of care that is high-quality, safe, equitable and compassionate.
- MultiCare’s team members should be people of goodwill who 1) resonate with our Mission, Vision and Values, and who 2) offer skills and experience that are relevant to our organization’s success.
- All team members deserve a work environment where “belonging” is possible.
- As a not-for-profit community asset, MultiCare seeks to meet the needs of and be welcoming to our entire community and does not engage in partisan political activities such as endorsing or opposing political candidates. As a health care provider and champion of healthy communities, we do provide education and advocacy related to legislation, laws and regulations, initiatives and other similar matters that impact our services and the communities we serve.
- We will always act in a manner that is in harmony with our Mission, Vision and Values.
- We will take moral stances (stand for something) on matters that align with our Mission, Vision and Values and we will advocate for our organization’s interests as it relates to public policies and lawmaking. We will not endorse a political candidate, nor adopt/endorse a political/social movement or platform.
- We will engage and promote activities that connect directly with MultiCare’s Mission, Vision and Values. Activities that are better addressed by other organizations based on their missions and expertise will be left to them.
- We will be intentional and proactive with our Belonging Journey initiatives and activities.
- We will first assume positive intent in our interactions with everyone.
- We will be a learning organization and a champion for our patients and communities.
- We affirm that all people are imperfect and make mistakes and we will, as a learning organization, be tolerant of mistakes so that we can learn from one another.
- We will be humble and vulnerable and create an environment where we can learn, grow and get better together.
- We will always seek to be genuine, as leaders and team members, and will follow through on our commitments.
- We will maintain a questioning attitude, seeking alternate viewpoints and deeper understanding.
- We will be evidence-based in our decision making.
- We will be people-centric and recognize that everyone is uniquely valuable.
- We will continually enhance our Belonging Journey in a manner that is not dismissive of nor impugns the roles/contributions of any of our team members.
- We will comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
- We recognize that employees have the right to hold views, beliefs and opinions that are not considered to be mainstream.
- We will encourage employees to refrain from statements meant to impugn, demean or judge an individual and/or a group.
- We will measure the effectiveness of our Belonging program and continually evaluate improvement opportunities and efficacy of each activity.