MultiCare CME is accredited by the Washington State Medical Association (WSMA) to sponsor continuing medication education for physicians. MHS is required to adhere to the WSMA and Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME ) Essentials and Standards for Commercial Support.
Review the MultiCare CME process:
- Identify the professional practice gap.
- Define the need. (collect multisource documentation of need i.e. committee minutes, journal articles, academy recommendations, quality improvement data, survey data etc.)
- Contact the MHS CME Department 253-403-1221
The MHS CME Committee and department staff will assess the identified need and proposed educational activity against the following criteria:
- Link to MHS CME Mission Statement
- Compatibility with organizational/community objectives
- Resource availability (financial, staff etc.)
- Ability to validate needs assessment
- Essentials and Standards for Commercial Support
Contact MultiCare CME prior to planning the educational activity. Allow a minimum of four months advance notice for a one-hour CME and a minimum of six months advance notice for a three hour or longer CME.
Additional facts regarding activity certification:
- MultiCare CME will be the sponsor or join-sponsor of the activity and will be included on all publicity materials.
- A member of the MultiCare CME Committee must be included on the activity planning committee.
- A nominal fee will be charged for certifying activities. Amount will vary depending on the length and complexity of the activity.
- No marketing materials (brochure, save the date card, etc.) can be printed prior to MultiCare CME approving activity. MultiCare CME must review all materials prior to printing.
- Educational activities must be developed in accordance with ACCME and WSMA Essentials and Standards for Commercial Support.