April 13 Daily Update
Note: Find links to documents on the main page to ensure you have the latest version.
April 13, 2020
Here are today’s updates:
CLINICAL & POLICY CHANGES
Reminder: Ambulatory/outpatient clinic visitor policy changes. Updates from over the weekend include additional symptoms for screening, admittance guidelines and masking procedures.
- This policy includes protocols and restrictions for both adult and pediatric ambulatory clinics.
Reminder: Isolation guidance for PPE/Room closure by type of room, unit or ward. The attached guidance for COVID units and Emergency Departments includes specifics by type of room, unit and ward.
- We know there has been confusion about the difference between COVID-19 units and wards.
- We released guidance on Monday that shares PPE and room closure guidelines based on type of room, unit or ward.
Reminder: New employee health attestation form. We’ve updated the attestation form over the weekend so that employees now use their employee number instead of their names and initials when they record their temperatures and attest to their health when reporting to work at any MultiCare building or facility. Please begin using the updated form immediately.
ONGOING UPDATES FOR YOUR REFERENCE
Thank you page. There is a page on the intranet where you can say thank you to co-workers. Feel free to add your words of gratitude in the comments on the page.
MultiCare’s COVID-19 numbers.
- As of 1530 on April 12, 2020:
- MultiCare cumulative confirmed cases tested in PSR: 847
- MultiCare cumulative confirmed cases tested in INW: 80
- Current system inpatient positive cases:
Visitor policy. Visitor restrictions are in effect system wide and posted on Point MultiCare or multicare.org.
Thank you for all that everyone is doing across the system to support our patients, community and fellow employees during this time.