April 8 Daily Update
April 8, 2020
Here are today’s general updates:
Epic downtime. On Thursday at 3am, there will be a brief Epic downtime to install new COVID-19 functionality. This will be communicated through our usual channels as well, and standard downtime policies should be followed.
CLINICAL & POLICY CHANGES
Non-emergency (elective) surgeries. As a reminder, a decision was made to postpone non-emergency (elective) surgeries system-wide until April 19. A decision about further postponement will be made by the end of this week.
Updated: Employee screening guidance. The updated and more comprehensive guidance includes details on employee attestation and additional health screening information.
Updated: Symptomatic and exposed staff guidance. The updated guidance now reflects the current scheduling process for testing.
Lab update. Deaconess began in-house COVID-19 testing yesterday. Reagents and Nasopharyngeal swab supply is critically low and providers should strictly follow the high-risk stratification protocols shared in V10.2 of the specimen collection guide.
ONGOING UPDATES FOR YOUR REFERENCE
- MultiCare’s COVID-19 numbers.
- As of 11am April 7, 2020:
- MultiCare cumulative confirmed cases tested in PSR: 648
- MultiCare cumulative confirmed cases tested in INW: 66
- Current system inpatient positive cases:
- Visitor policy. Updated visitor restrictions are in effect system wide and may be found below under “Visitor Restrictions.”
Please continue to visit this page for the latest information.
Thank you for all that everyone is doing across the system to support our patients, community and fellow employees during this time.