Expanded Services, Procedures and Care Are Coming to MultiCare Covington Medical Center
MultiCare has broken ground on a new, four-story 58-bed hospital in Covington, to provide much needed patient care for the community with some beds dedicated to obstetrics and others to pediatrics. The hospital will be an add-on to the current Covington Medical Center and connect to the existing emergency department.
The facility will include:
- Three operating rooms, with pre- and post-op rooms, recovery areas, and a surgical waiting room
- An inpatient pharmacy and lab
- Consultation rooms
Other services available will include orthopedic, general and adult short-stay surgery; ear, nose and throat services; urology; and pediatric outpatient surgery. Pediatric services will be connected to Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital.
Construction on the hospital began in 2016 and it should be seeing its first patient in 2018.
Services to be Provided
- Mary Bridge Pediatrics – basic emergency care, inpatient pediatric services, outpatient pediatric surgery and procedures
- General Surgery – low-risk outpatient and short-stay inpatient units, focusing on general surgery, urology, ENT, GI, GYN, podiatry, dental and ophthalmology
- Orthopedics –heavy focus on Orthopedics and Sports Medicine including joints, spines, outpatient rehabilitation
- General Medicine
- Neurosciences - ED Level III Stroke Center
- Pulmonary/Critical Care
- Emergency Services
- Broad range of jobs
- Over 100 jobs by 2016
- Over 250 construction jobs with approximately 25 sub-contractors
- Increased job growth and revenues for nearby businesses
Construction Time-Lapse Camera
Follow along as the new Covington hospital is being built. Our construction camera captures the action, rain or shine.
Check on the progress